Visit for a Day, Stay for a Lifetime.
We encourage you to take in and enjoy our corner of the world. You’ll find that you not only love to visit, but want to stay!
The Village of Liverpool
The Village of Liverpool, a delightful community on the north shore of Onondaga Lake with unique shops, spectacular, diverse restaurants, and Coffee shops (which includes the Diner featured on Man Vs Food, Heid’s), lovely lakeshore trails, and warm village folk. It is a great place to walk. There are plenty of sidewalks through out the village and tree lined streets.
The Village of Liverpool is approximately 1 square mile and is home to 2,600 residents. Over 35,000 people travel through the Village daily.
Visit the Village of Liverpool year-round for winter, spring and summer Fun.
The Village of Liverpool Houses 3 of the 13 Elementary, Middle and High Schools in the Liverpool School District
Onondaga Lake Park, a large county park adjacent to the Village, with miles of recreation trails along the shoreline of Onondaga Lake, with scenic beauty, playgrounds, ball fields, picnic areas, and bike rentals. It also hosts the annual Lights on the Lake a
two mile drive-thru holiday light display that attracts 100s of thousands of cars each year.
The Liverpool Public Library, Chamber of Commerce and the Gleason Mansion Museum have Self Walking Tours to educate you on the Historic Area.
The Town of Salina
It was not until the late 1840’s that Salina was reduced to its present size. The original Village of Salina stretched around Onondaga Lake, incorporating part of what is now the Town of Geddes and much of what today is the City of Syracuse. The early history of Salina is actually the history of the area around Onondaga Lake and the salt industry.
Today, Salina consists of five small suburban communities which are known as Mattydale, Liverpool, Lyncourt, Galeville and a portion of North Syracuse. Population 33,223.
The Town has many diverse Restaurants and unique shops and Public Parks.
- BURNHAM PARK – Malden Road, Mattydale
- RICHFIELD PARK – Richfield Boulevard, Mattydale (has outdoor pool)
- DUERR PARK – Duerr Road, Liverpool (has outdoor pool)
- PRIMROSE PARK – Primrose Lane, Liverpool
- SUNFLOWER PARK – Sunflower Drive, Liverpool
- WEMESFELDER PARK – Larkin Street, Liverpool (has outdoor pool) (formerly Electronics Park)
- SEHR PARK – Marsden Road, Lyncourt (has outdoor pool) (also location of the Alvord House)
- SCHAFFER PARK – Schaffer Avenue, Lyncourt
Town of Clay
The Town of Clay was originally settled in 1791 as part of the Central New York Military Tract and was previously known as West Cicero. It was carved out of the Town of Cicero in 1827 and named after “The Great Compromiser,” Henry Clay.
Today, the Town of Clay is home to over 60,000 residents, making it the largest town in Onondaga County. It has numerous amenities, it’s family-friendly with lots of neighborhoods with high-quality affordable housing, parks, waterways, and schools. And it has easy access to shopping, restaurants, recreation, summer concerts and sporting events. It’s proximity to major interstates, airports and railway systems is distinctive and one of the reasons why Money Magazine named the Town of Clay one of the 100 best places to live in the country.
Clay houses 10 of the Liverpool School Districts Elementary, Middle and High Schools.
There are numerous Public Parks including Clay Historic Park, which has preserved many of the historic buildings.
These Parks also include Three Rivers, where the Seneca, Oneida, and Oswego rivers converge. Other parks are: the Black Creek Park Near Lock 23 in Brewerton, Clay Central and North Park,(during the summer there are festivals and Free concerts) Meltzer Park
The Town also features many shopping center along Route 31.
Clay has grown over the last 5 years with the addition of the Largest Amazon Distribution Center in the Area and the future of Micron coming to the Town of Clay.
It continues to be a growing and thriving community in the Central New York Region.